Post-game vs Vancouver - Apr 5, 2007 - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Friday, April 6, 2007

Post-game vs Vancouver - Apr 5, 2007

Ok, it's been a little while since I updated but let me explain...I ventured into enemy territory and took a trip to Vancouver for the week. Oddly enough, this trip happened to be right around the time that the Avalanche were in town. Weird. So there I was tonight at GM Place in section 120 watching the Avalanche keep their playoff hopes alive. It was a nailbiter of a game, mostly because Luongo was stellar and Budaj less so. Budaj stepped up in the third though and made some key saves and got the win. And since Calgary lost to San Jose tonight, the Avalanche find themselves 3 points back of Calgary with 2 games left to go. Unfortunately, one of the remaining 2 games that the Flames have is against the Oilers. Ouch.

I've got more notes to go with this but I'll hopefully amend it once I'm home on Saturday. For now, I'll do a quick good/bad/ugly and call it a night. I've toured all over Vancouver by foot so I need some beauty sleep. Who knows, one of these days I might wake up beautiful.

The Good
- key win
- Hejduk with the trick
- Stastny playing some hard-nosed hockey
- beating Luongo 3 times

The Bad
- early jitters by the whole team
- terrible powerplay

The Ugly
- Luongo (at the behest of my better-half I had to put him down)

3 Comments:

Jibblescribbits said...

My better half loves Luongo.. but she's 1/2 Italian and Luongo is an itialian name

Jibblescribbits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jibblescribbits said...

Not sure if you're interested but..

Fantasy Stanley Cup Playoffs hosted by me details in my blog

Post a Comment