Avalanche Fall to Flames - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Friday, March 21, 2008

Avalanche Fall to Flames

I was busy driving down the #4 when this game started and now I'm typing this while my parents incurably cute dog lies on my lap so I can't say my mind was really into this game at the start or finish. And apparently, the Avalanche players minds were somewhere else as well as they put in a mediocre effort and fell 2-1 to the struggling Flames.

Now I'm not saying this was a must-win game but it sure would have been nice. With the loss, the Avalanche remain just 4 points ahead of Nashville and 5 up on Edmonton, who lost to Vancouver last night. It also puts them 3 points out of the division lead which feels near insurmountable in the NW. But hey, as we know, Q isn't aiming for the divisional title. A playoff berth is more than enough for his "do-enough-to-get-by-and-the-rest-is-gravy" attitude.

I don't feel that the playoff berth is in serious jeopardy at the moment but if they lose tomorrow afternoon and Nashville defeats Chicago, the hand wringing will begin in earnest. Hopefully the team is fully awake when the game starts so we can avoid another afternoon defeat.

Oh, and it just wouldn't be a proper recap if I didn't point again that Simmer and Millions remain the most biased - and annoying - broadcast team in the league. They actually said that Joe Sakic has nothing on Jarome Iginla in terms of strength. Ok then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment