NHL Entry Draft Order Released - Avalanche Pick 50th - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

NHL Entry Draft Order Released - Avalanche Pick 50th

The NHL has released the entry draft order (PDF) and, as we all knew, the Avalanche's first choice will come midway through the second round at #50.

Do I want a first-round pick for this team? Yes. Do I lament losing it for the Adam Foote trade? No. Adam Foote helped propel this team into the playoffs and showed some of the youngsters on the squad what it meant to be a determined and gritty player. I wish the lessons had lasted longer but it was invaluable first-hand experience.

The Avalanche tend to have mixed sucess with first-round picks while finding some gems in later rounds. So I'm holding on hope for that to continue this year or for Giguere to pull of a shrewd trade for an early first-rounder. And by "shrewd trade" I mean a controversial trade which will re-ignite the blogosphere for a few days.

2 Comments:

Ryan said...

Controversial like Arnason for a first, right? That sound plenty controversial to me.

Shane Giroux said...

If Giguere could pull that off, I'd be on the next flight to Denver with tears in my eyes and "thank you" coming from my lips.

Post a Comment