Chicago Crunches the Avalanche 7-4 - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Friday, October 3, 2008

Chicago Crunches the Avalanche 7-4

Last night I was busy watching the Riders finally snap out of a funk as they downed the evil Calgary Stampeders. Yep, I even hate Calgary's football team.


At one point, my friend Patrick piped up and said "Colorado's getting killed 7-4 by the Hawks!" He was smart enough to be checking out the TSN ticker between plays. I don't know what I was doing.

My response? "Raycroft must be in."

I whipped out the laptop and sure enough, Raycroft was in and had gone 17 for 23 in his new home debut. As DD notes, not quite the start Raycroft was hoping for.

The 7th goal was an empty netter for those wondering about the math. It's not indicated on the boxscore but the RMN recap mentions it.

Jonesing for Jones
The Avs still have one game left before they will finalize their roster but if David Jones was on the "maybe" list before, he's on the "hell yes" list after last night.

Two more goals last night should solidify his spot on the lineup. It might be on the third line to begin with but if he keeps this up, he could find himself on a top-2 line before the midpoint of the season.

As you can see from today's roundtable action on Jori's freshly updated site, I'm a sucker for David Jones right now.

Same old Stastny
Paul Stastny nabbed himself two goals and an assist but that's not really newsworthy, is it? I'll let you know when he doesn't get points in a game this season.

Avalanche Roster Reduction
Chris Stewart is off to Lake Erie as the Avs trim their roster a bit more. I don't think it's unexpected to see Stewart head back down. 

Related Links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment