Finally! Embedded Comment Forms Have Come Back* to Blogger - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Friday, October 24, 2008

Finally! Embedded Comment Forms Have Come Back* to Blogger

Finally, Blogger is catching up with the times!


For the longest time, posting a comment to a Blogger blog was painfully cumbersome. You would either get a small popup window or a link to a completely new page that wasn't styled at all like the referring page. Either way, the usability was awkward at best.

Well, that has all changed. I've finally figured out how to enable the embedded comment form on my customized template thanks to Blogger Buster

When you click through to a story, the comment form will display directly below the existing comments. In other words, like every other blogging platform in existence.

As always, there is support for many accounts such as Google (obviously), WordPress, LiveJournal, TypePad, AIM and OpenID. And of course you can always choose the Name/URL or anonymous route.

I hope this will encourage more folks to give their feedback on my posts - good or bad. Particularly when my newfound dyslexia kicks in and I mess up the score of the game I'm recapping.

As the embedded comment form is still a "Blogger in Draft" feature, please fire me an email - thebatlab at {gmail.com} -  if you have trouble posting a comment,.

*I know they haven't come back since they never existed before...but the kid in me wanted to hear The Rock saying that headline.

4 Comments:

Angélique C. Murray (Jori) said...

Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, great find. I'm definitely making use of it :P

Shane Giroux said...

No prob. If you guys have any time trouble implementing it, give me a holler and I'll see if I can help out.

Jibblescribbits said...

test test, one two three test

Post a Comment