Avalanche Dump Coyotes in OT, Win 5-4 - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Avalanche Dump Coyotes in OT, Win 5-4

And playing the role of The Grinch tonight: Brett Clark.

He nearly stole Christmas away from Avalanche fans by finding himself in the box for the Coyotes late, game-tying goal.

But then he thought back on his dastardly attitude and had a change of heart.

It could have been the fresh snow on the ground. It could have been the scent of pine in the air. It could have been the little girl crying behind the glass after the Avs gave up a lead.

In the final act, Clark made a nice move past a sliding 'Yotes defender, stepped to the top of the circle and rifled the winning goal past a shell-shocked Ilya Bryzgalov.

So after giving a up a 4-2 lead late in the game - and giving many Avs fans heart attacks - the Avalanche came away with a 5-4 win against the visiting Coyotes.

And as I'm feeling a lack of Christmas cheer at the moment, I have to end this post early while I try and recharge my batteries.

I wish you all a truly merry Christmas and will see you back here on the 27th for a game against the Red Wings. Who oddly enough don't seem so formidable to me these days.

But I've likely gone and jinxed it now.

Happy holidays to all and to a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment