Raycroft Gets Rewarded, Budaj Gets Bombarded - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Raycroft Gets Rewarded, Budaj Gets Bombarded

From AD: Andrew Raycroft will start in goal tomorrow night against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Well...crap.

But I'll tell you what, I'm going to give Tony Granato the benefit of the doubt on this one.

For one reason or another, I'm in a forgiving mood today.

I don't feel like assuming it's a knee-jerk move designed to punish Budaj for a mediocre performance against the Flyers.

I don't want to presume that TG learned too much from ol' JQ over the last three years.

I hate to leap to the conclusion that Granato is panicking for no reason over Budaj's abilities.

I won't perceive that Granato is putting too much stock into Raycroft's win against the Wings.

I can't fathom that TG is going to start the fabled "win and you're in" goaltending rotation.

I just can't bring myself to do it.

5 Comments:

Jibblescribbits said...

Even if he's rewarding Raycroft, it would be more savvy to announce he's starting against the Panthers this weekend, and Budaj will start, as scheduled, against the Lightning tomorrow.

It just seems like the less contraversial move and there's less "possible goalie contraversy?" angle and more "Raycroft earned another start"angle.

Jibblescribbits said...

controversial*

Shane Giroux said...

Yep, it's definitely an odd move. Maybe TG was unhappy on how simple his goaltending rotation had been until now?

Cheryl Bradley said...

Or maybe he's hoping someone in TB might be interested in acquiring Rayzor?? Hey, it's the holiday season. I can make wishes.

Anonymous said...

Rayzor is 8-1-1 lifetime against the Lightning. Maybe that, plus the win over the Wings was enough to convince TG to play him. Budaj's still the #1 guy though. The last 2 games have not changed that. Buds has had a very solid season.

Post a Comment