Avalanche Slide Past Blackhawks, Win 2-1 - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Friday, January 9, 2009

Avalanche Slide Past Blackhawks, Win 2-1

Andrew Raycroft of the Colorado Avalanche  makes one of his 43 stops against the Chicago Blackhawks
(AP)
Full disclosure - I spent a lot of time watching funny videos on the Fail Blog during this game.

It's not that the game wasn't exciting. It was. But I needed some laughter and Fail Blog never lets me down.

Once the smoke had cleared, the Avs had their second straight win, Raycroft had his sixth, and I was in a pretty chipper mood.

Raycroft the starter?
Geo makes a case for Andrew Raycroft to be the starter.

And as long as he keeps winning, that's what will happen.

It's not that he has significantly outplayed Peter Budaj. It's that he has out-winned him.

If Raycroft keeps his streak going, Granato will keep playing him.

Wojtek Wolski scores the winning goal as the Colorado Avalanche beat the Chicago Blackhawks
(AP)
Wolski a-way!
Wojtek Wolski has been a friggin' superhero since being moved to center.

With three goals in his last three games, it's almost enough to make you forget the team is missing Joe Sakic and Paul Stastny.

Ok, it's not even close but remember one thing: if those two hadn't gone down, Wolski would still be mired in inconsistency on the left wing.

Once Stastny and Sakic are back, the Avs will have a pretty solid group down the middle.

Related Links
Wolski, Raycroft lead Avs to win over Chicago
Wolski powers Avs past Blackhawks
MHH Recap
Rayzor vs Boods

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thx for the review! By the way, it's failblog.org not .com! ;)

Anonymous said...

Raycroft is slowly becoming a force in net. What a stud . Keep it up and and Bufaj will be a faint memory as starter. Win or go home . Go AVS

Shane Giroux said...

Thanks, anon. That's what I get for not copy-pasting.

I wouldn't call Raycroft a stud just yet. He's making saves and getting wins but he's still looking sloppy while doing so.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shane,
Sorry I didn't see a contact us link anywhere so I thought I'd put my question for you here. Here goes..
********************
Here's a copy of a letter I've sent off to a few folks these past few days, sorry if it sounds like a bit of a form letter but it makes the point.
**************

I have a proposal for you. My name is Bruce Hollingdrake and I am in the midst of creating a new blog. I came across your blog and think that it is well written and was wondering if you've considered writing on another site in addition to your own?

This is not a Marketing/Sales pitch, I have nothing to sell..

What I'm trying to do it get together 30 guys that love to write about hockey (one representing each team) and have them all write on one blog. Of course they are free to continue their own blogs so long as the content submitted to The Hockey Writers is not duplicated there. I think it would be cool hearing a bunch of different voices on one site. My strengths lie in editing (not the posts but the site layout and design) and getting traffic.
To get to the point, the commitment on your part would be 3 posts per month (1 per month during the summer) and the benefits would be a share in site revenue (60% of revenue will go to the writers), exposure and another addition to your resume.

My other blog is currently receiving over 30 000 unique visitors per month and growing.

Here is the site, keep in mind it is only a skeleton as I just launched it this week and have just now begun looking for writers.

http://theHockeyWriters.com

my references (sites I own and edit)

http://BookshopBlog.com
http://theBigDesk.com

Thanks for your time, l look forward to hearing from you. **If this is not a good fit for you perhaps you could pass this along to your crew and/or readers.

Bruce K. Hollingdrake

spots filled:

Montreal Canadians: Arpon Basu http://dailyhab-it.blogspot.com/
Boston Briuns: Cameron Frye http://cameronfrye.com/
International Hockey: http://swisshockey.net

If one or any of you are interested please let me know.

Thanks for your time.

Post a Comment