Milan Hejduk and Ryan Smyth Hit Career Milestone - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Milan Hejduk and Ryan Smyth Hit Career Milestone

I will be shooting for a recap at lunch - work willing - but first, congratulations to Ryan Smyth and Milan Hejduk on hitting the 300 career goal mark last night.

And what better game for it to be a part of than a win against the Flames?

I was quickly twitting with Tyler from NHLDigest.com and I mentioned that Hajduk's 300 felt more special since he'd scored every one of those goals as an Avalanche.

With Smyth, it's nice for him but it's piggy-backing off his work as an Oiler.

Am I crazy?

Probably.

But I'm not stupid.

Usually.

Related Links
Jib channels the Spartans for some creative juices
Hedgie and Smitty - the 300 club

3 Comments:

Jibblescribbits said...

I think you're right. There's something special about a player that scores all 300 with your franchise. I think everyone is happy for Smyth, but Hejduk has played here his entire career and is beloved. (Seriously my Video game character is named Yossarian Hejduk). It's hard to compare to that bond.

Shane Giroux said...

Classic.

Oh, and you beat me to the punch on the casting call!

I've been kind of an absentee landlord lately and was wondering if I should spice things up.

Maybe I'll wait and see how it works for you ;)

Jibblescribbits said...

We'll see how it goes. I think you get more readers than me (I get a lot of hits on my site from your site) so even if mine doesn't generate a lot of responses, You should still go ahead with it.

I know If I get a lot of good ones I'll send any unchosen your way.

Post a Comment