Colorado Avalanche Training Camp is Underway - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Colorado Avalanche Training Camp is Underway

It began even before I woke up this morning. More fresh ice. More new equipment. More new faces.

That’s right, the Colorado Avalanche have taken the ice for training camp which can only mean one thing – Joe Sakic retirement night is under a month away.

The weirdest thing happened this morning. I woke up, checked to make sure all my limbs were still moveable after an intense opening night of indoor vball, and then had to answer 50 questions from the girlfriend. But the one I really paid attention to was this one: “What was that night for the thing in Denver?”

Even in my sleep-addled state, I knew what she meant. See, the day Sakic announced his retirement I said “I’m going to opening night to see them retire his number.” Her response? “You’re an idiot.” Or something to that effect. And given the costs of what would be almost an overnight trip, I figured she just might be right.

But this morning when I told her the date, she asked “Are you still going?” I’ll fast forward through the rest and end on her final words “It’s only going to happen once. You should probably go.”

So I’ve got a green light! Unfortunately my scrimp-o-meter is off the charts. The flights would be $600, transportation at least another $50, meals about $75, ticket $100, hotel $150 and misc expenses would bring that to around $1000.

I’ve got some thinking to do over the next couple days. But in the meantime, I’m following Jori and Dario’s tweets from dev camp. Maybe that will get me in enough of a hockey mood to forget the money.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going. Don't know what your problem is...

Post a Comment