Radio? Sure, I've got the face for it but... - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Friday, September 18, 2009

Radio? Sure, I've got the face for it but...

Denver Sports Radio contacted me early this week to see if I'd be a guest on their show. I wasnt available most of the week but we found a time this Friday at 5:20pm5:45pm. And I just checked my calendar today and it's Friday! I'll be chatting with them for about 2010 minutes today about Avalanche hockey and I've gotta tell ya, I'm a bit nervous.

See, when writing for this blog I can change my mind mid-sentence, re-write the whole post and nobody would be the wiser. I can take my time to gather my thoughts because there's no dead air to fill. Heck, I can delete something I said and pretend I never said it. I've never done it, but I could. But on the radio, it's real-time, unfiltered, uncut, unedited and boy I hope my brain is focused enough for that!

I'll be making a concerted effort not to ramble on which may mean cutting some of my thoughts short. Any parts I leave out though, I'll fill in with a post here following the show.

If there are any pearls of wisdom anyone wants me to mention, feel free to leave a comment and I'll be sure to say who it came from if the topic comes up.

6 Comments:

AvsHockeyPodcast said...

You'll be just fine Shane. Best of luck to you man!

Draft Dodger said...

yeah, just relax, you'll be great.

One thing that should help: you will, by a wide margin, be more knowledgeable on the subject than the interviewers.

Draft Dodger said...

that's 5:20 MT, right?

Shane Giroux said...

Thanks, Jay.

DDC, I don't know, I've been absent the last few weeks on keeping up with the Avs ;)

And yep, it's at 5:20MT

Draft Dodger said...

no, really, you do

Jaye said...

sweet shane! congrats man!

Post a Comment