The Battle Was Over By The Time I Showed Up - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Monday, October 25, 2010

The Battle Was Over By The Time I Showed Up

I missed the great hashtag battle of "ought-10"! I also missed out on another petty use of Twitter blocking by Dater but we'll skip past that.

The L.A. Kings fans won the battle and I can't help but think that had I been around Saturday night, this whole thing would have turned out differently.

Alas, I was not. However I would still like to add my contribution to the mix.

Generally, I tweet maybe once or twice during a game. But with the stakes on the line Saturday night, I'm surmising I would have put up closer to 100 tweets.

So what I'm going to do is donate the $100 I would have raised Saturday night to charity. I don't know the specifics of where the Avalanche directed their money but if anyone does know how I could funnel it there, please let me know.

If nobody knows, I'll pick another cancer-related charity. With Movember looming, possibly something to do with prostate cancer. If anyone has other suggestions, feel free to share.

Hopefully the Avalanche - and every other team in every other pro sports league - does this again. And again and again and again and...

4 Comments:

Jaye said...

I want a day to day photo blog of your Movember attempt, sorry Shane but I have this feeling that peach fuzz is even difficult for you to grow :P

Shane Giroux said...

Hah, money's my way out of trying to contribute an actual mustache! I could go a year without developing anything substantial.

On the plus side, I save a lot of money each year on razor blades...

Goffeclese said...

That's awesome man! He, what is your twitter blog account? I'd love to have my blog follow yours. Here's hoping some decent D shows up in Vancouver tonight.

Shane Giroux said...

I'm at http://www.twitter.com/thebatlab/

Post a Comment