Season Opener Thoughts - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Season Opener Thoughts

As I'm sure you're all aware, tonight opens the NHL season and our beloved Avalanche are facing the defending champs, the Chicago Blackhawks. Here's my version of "30 thoughts" on the night

1. Isn't it odd to pair Chicago against Colorado to start the season? There's not a ton of history there for a defending, original six Cup champion. Shouldn't they open their season with a bang?

2. Will anybody not feel a couple "man tears" as Jaye from PKLC puts it during the opening ceremony featuring the '96 cup team?

3. Will any male not feel a little conflicted about their sexuality when they see Peter Forsberg's piercing gaze on camera?

4. Will anybody ever get tired of seeing Joe Sakic on the ice, even if he's in a suit? I know I won't.

5. T.J. Galiardi will score the Avs first goal of the season. Bank it.

6. How wrong is it that I'm still contemplating going to a Crash Test Dummies acoustic set at 8:00 tonight, meaning I'll record the game and watch once it's over?

7. Are there other teams playing tonight? I'm not sure. I also don't care.

8. Can all the "Quit living in the past people" calm down and enjoy the awesomeness that it was? It would sure be nice to do some work on selling the "now", but we can still enjoy the "then".

9. To those people: how would you kick off the season?

10. Is 10 the new 30?

I might have more later but this damn day job keeps breaking my blogging mojo.

Enjoy the season opener! And remember just like the preseason is just the preseason, the season opener is just one game.

No freak outs allowed if they lose.

1 Comment:

Jaye said...

I shed man tears over the fact Versus decided to be cocktractors and not show the ceremony, opting instead to give verbal fellatio to the hawks for 60 mins

Post a Comment