Avalanche Snap Skid, Down Predators 1-0 - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Avalanche Snap Skid, Down Predators 1-0

It's ok, you can say it now. You know you want to. Still superstitious? Ok, I'll do it for you....SHUTOUT!

Peter Budaj backstopped the team to its first shutout of the year and the Avalanche broke a 5-game losing streak with a 1-0 win over the visiting Nashville Predators.

I'll have a bit more to say tomorrow morning but here's some quick thoughts:
- T.J. Hensick is here to stay
- Tyler Arnason's new home is in the press box
- Budaj was lights out and looked like the 15-2 Budaj from 2 years back
- Joe Sakic left after the first period due to a stiff back
- Darcy Tucker scored his 200th career goal
- But I'm still pissed at his low-bridge on Schultz
- But I'll still take the goal
- Does that make me a hypocrite?

3 Comments:

Jaye said...

I feel like a horrible avs fan, I had no idea they were playing until I heard PJ updated the nation on hnic...maybe I was too distraught over seeing the riders get their asses handed to them...

Shane Giroux said...

Yeah, that was a brutal loss for the Riders. It seemed like one of those movies where the team plays brutal the first half, they go back and get an impassioned speech in the locker room and then come out guns blazing and win the day. But they just played the same all game long...

Anonymous said...

It's hard to really pin point where our team has gone wrong. I feel like our biggest problem is not playing a full 60 minutes of hard hockey. Sometimes we come out lazy in the 1st, get our asses handed to us and then come out fighting the second and third. Like Mcnab said, we play better with a sense of desperation and urgency. We have the fire power to score plenty of goals and our defense is tuff, we just gotta play hard. I would like to see Granato try to change up the lines here and there also....Nothing wrong with experimenting this early in the season...

Post a Comment