Avalanche vs Predators Game Preview - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Monday, December 29, 2008

Avalanche vs Predators Game Preview

Once again, I'm late.

And I don't even have a decent excuse other than a mild case of burnout.

In the time since my last post, we learned that Paul Stastny is about to have surgery on his broken forearm, Cody McCormick has been playing with a hairline fracture in his foot, Claude Lemieux has signed with the Sharks and I'm getting a bit curmudgeony.

I'll respond in order: Sigh, Of course, Good grief and Yeah, a little bit.

I just didn't have the energy not to be curmudgeony and the Avs beating the Wings twice gave me the perfect outlet.

But then I became like them. And I didn't like it.

So although I will still take an extra bit of pleasure in beating the Wings, I'll make sure I don't let the dark side seep in to my thoughts. Much.

But enough about that, there's a game tonight! In two hours!

The Avalanche have a chance for a three-game homestand sweep as they take on the Nashville Predators.

The Predators are fresh off a 5-2 loss to the Oilers last night so the Avs need to take it to them early and often.

Though I will be watching the game, I might take the analytical hat off tonight and forego a full recap.

If anyone wants to submit one in my place, feel free ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

See, now I feel bad about saying you were a curmudgeon.

At least I talked kindly about you and your blog on the podcast.

Shane Giroux said...

No worries!

I read too much Wings coverage on Kukla's site and it got me a bit testy I guess ;)

And if I'm being a crank I want people to call me on it. If not, I'll just keep sliding down the slippery slope.

Definitely appreciate the kind words on the podcast!

Anonymous said...

I stay away from "certain blogs" over there. Not only do they piss me off, but when someone passive aggressively says they don't respect you, well, there are other places I can go. I don't even waste my time.

Post a Comment