Avalanche Drowned by Sharks, Lose 3-0 - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Avalanche Drowned by Sharks, Lose 3-0

Of the four significant events that happened today, the Avalanche losing to the Sharks was the least shocking.

Losing my car keys in Martensville, getting a ride back to Saskatoon to grab my spare keys, turning around and going back to Martensville, getting in my car, heading back to Saskatoon and then discovering my keys were in my back pocket the whole time? Not as shocking as you'd think. I lose my car keys a lot.

Playing volleyball on a bum ankle and injuring my upper back? Not terribly shocking. I'm an idiot for not letting my ankle heal fully but given the distance between the body parts, I'll call it slightly more shocking than the lost key debacle.

Hearing a friend who was vacationing in the Dominican fell off a balcony, broke 3 vertebrae and sprained her ankle? That was far and away #1 on the list of shocking events.

And in light of that, I'm not even going to expend any energy watching a recorded version of the Avs getting shutout.

It's just not worth it.

3 Comments:

AvsHockeyPodcast said...

Shane...Sounds like you're feeling kind of like I am about the way this season is going. I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's getting tougher by the game. Hang in there man.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or are the Avs missing a lot of shots. ITCS shows the Avs missed 20 compared to the Sharks 13. Had they put some of those on the net, it may have been a different hockey game.

Shane Giroux said...

I hadn't noticed a huge pattern though I find most teams miss the net more often than I would expect.

You may miss 100% of the shots you don't take, but the shots that miss the net have a 0% success rate.

Post a Comment