Blue Jackets Hat Trick Case - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blue Jackets Hat Trick Case

Greg over at Puck Daddy answered a question that many fans, including myself, have often pondered: Where do the hats go?

When I got the end and read what the Columbus Blue Jackets do with those hats, I found myself saying "That is a brilliant idea!"

The Blue Jackets have a transparent hat bin where all those hats go. Each hat trick has its own section in the bin and is labeled with the franchise hat trick number, who scored the trick, the date, time and opponent and at what point during the game it was scored.

It's unique, it's informative and it's engaging. That's pretty much the marketing trifecta right there. Well done, Jackets.



5 Comments:

AvsHockeyPodcast said...

That's a great idea and a great way to bring back positive memories from the fans. If the Avs did this I think I may have spent a fair amount of time during the games on the concourse this season.

And not often when someone gets the chance to say, "Well done Jackets" so might as well take advantage while we can. A jackets fan tried to take some liberties on one of Dater's latest posts having to do with the coaching and management changes so I'm not real happy with the Jackets as a whole right now. Funny what one fan can do.

Thanks for sharing Shane. Cool story and pics.

Devon said...

I'd be much more willing to throw my hat if I knew it was going to be on display. And if I could throw from the back of an arena....maybe tie a brick to the hat or something...

Shane Giroux said...

I'm always very protective of my hats so I doubt I'd throw one but still, it seems like there's a lot of people who toss their hats in the name of fandom, so might as well make it count.

I'm still pissed that I lost my blue Avs hat with the yeti foot logo on the front. Haven't been able to find one to replace it, but my vintage Nords hat looks all right.

Hell, I might have even tossed it if any Av had been able to manage A goal during my brief stint at the Can.

Devon, I laughed at first but you just might be serious... ;)

Anonymous said...

Damn right. I think I saw this on a Blue Jackets broadcast once. It is a fantastic idea that the Avs should totally rip off.

AvsHockeyPodcast said...

Shane...Next time you're in town we're throwing your hat (or a junky hat you bring in your pocket) on the ice from my seats after the Avs score a single goal. Everyone else may think that that's weird, but I think it makes plenty of sense considering what you went through the last two games of the season.

Post a Comment