Colorado vs Calgary - Game Thoughts - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Colorado vs Calgary - Game Thoughts

I got the Sportsnet feed and boy are my ears tired. I'll give it to them that Miikka Kiprusoff was great so a good chunk of the hyperbole was deserved, but when you say "Good cross corner shoot in" when ol' pissy-pants Jerome Iginla dumps the puck in...you might be using adjectives when you shouldn't be.

The amount of penalties called in the first period was ridiculous. You'd think I'd be happy that most were against the Flames but did you see the Avalanche powerplay? Many a kitten died for that performance.

Ryan Stoa was apparently in the lineup tonight. Who knew?

At least he had more ice-time than David Koci who clocked in with a 2-second shift. The end of that shift involved him getting clobbered by Brian McGrattan so you could say he earned his money.

With Justin Merseer - sorry, Mercier - getting Koci-like ice-time of nearly three entire minutes, this could be a tired Avalanche squad if Marek Svatos and/or Milan Hejduk are out for an extended period.

With 800 right-wingers on the injured list, it's nice that Chris Stewart is stepping up to what people were expecting of him. I've been more impressed with Stewart than Matt Duchene the last few games.

Dater's talking about his reverse jinx on Twitter. How about this one - I laid 20 bones on the Flames winning tonight. You're welcome.

1st post! I mean, 1st place!

2 Comments:

Dario said...

"I laid 20 bones on the Flames winning tonight."

Oh no you did't!

Shane Giroux said...

What can I say? I made $25 on the Chargers beating the Cowboys and thought I'd either reverse-jinx the Avs or walk away with another $20. Either way, it was a win for me ;)

Post a Comment