A Quick Check-in - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Quick Check-in

For those wondering, I'm still alive. Even though it was Christmas/New Years, I've been keeeping myself nice and busy volunteering for the World Junior tournament here in Saskatoon. I've probably got one of the cushiest assignments in the whole tournament as I'm stationed in the TSN announcing booth watching the game over the shoulders of Gord Miller and Pierre McGuire.

I've been able to watch about 40 minutes of Avalanche hockey in the last two weeks as I caught their win over the Ottawa Senators on a day where I was able to get out of the rink before 10:30 at night. It was fun to watch a win and frankly it was exciting even as they were losing the lead late in the third. I guess when you don't see it happen night after night, it doesn't have the same frustration.

I'll be busy with the tournament until January 5th when Canada wins its sixth-straight gold medal, but who knows what 2010 will bring as far as work and health.

Happy new year to all and I hope to see you kicking around here whenever I'm able to form coherent sentences.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Shane! Please keep blogging, even if it's sporadic. You might find some therapy for your ills in writing.

One thing that first attracted to me to your blog is that it stood out among all the others. Not dryly-written play-by-play analysis, nor a gotta-get-the-story-out-stat-before-anyone-else rush job, nor was it just a place for those who mostly rant about rather than praise their so-called "#1" Team, it was congenial and was very well-written.

The tone of your blog is appealing as well. Keep up the great work!

:: anon7

Post a Comment