Flames Dump Avalanche 3-0, End Streak - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Flames Dump Avalanche 3-0, End Streak

I play volleyball every Tuesday and tonight the games were at 7:30 and 9:30. So obviously I had to set the Avalanche-Flames game to record while I was away.

As soon as the last game was over, I raced home, showered up and settled in to the groove on my couch.

I got through the first period in about 5 minutes and things were looking all right. The Avs and Flames both had some chances, Super Joe upended Bertuzzi and Budaj was looking sharp.

I fast-forwarded through intermission and was all set for the second period when I got a text message.

I hesitated, thinking "I'll get back to them later." but I figured the period hadn't started, I could spare a second in case it was important.

And I was met with utter disappointment.

During the offseason, I had signed up at SportsAlert.com to receive text messages for Avalanche games. Although I watch most games, it was an insurance policy if I was ever unexpectedly out while a game was on.

I had yet to receive a single text from them this season. Until tonight.

It read "COLORADO: 0 CALGARY: 3 FINAL"

I'm going to bed.

7 Comments:

Mike at MHH said...

You made the right call, trust me...

Jibblescribbits said...

yeah.. you didn't miss much

Shane Giroux said...

It's unfortunate the streak had to end at the hands of the friggin' Flames. But it had to end at some point.

Hopefully the woeful Jackets can provide a springboard for the next streak.

Magnum said...

It was a pretty uneventful game. That is, until Calgary figured out they could score by making centering passes from behind the net.

Anonymous said...

salei looked awful last night, and the second goal was budaj's fault. that's all you need to know. by far the highlight of the game was seeing bertuzzi get upended.

i hate the flames,
tom

Shane Giroux said...

I caught the goal highlights and yeah, Salei was not looking good last night on the goals.

I don't think the second goal was a clearcut fault of Budaj. From what I saw on the grainy highlight clip, he was hugging the post but the puck bounced up and over his leg.

The Flames player never should have made it that tight around the net in the first place given that there were 3 Avs defenders near him.

But I'm sure it's not Budaj's proudest moment ;)

Anonymous said...

The Budaj goal wasn't great, but I certainly think classifying it as a soft goal is a little harsh. On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is the weakest goal imaginable and 10 is 3 vs 0 with Gretzky, Lemieux, and Sakic scoring, that Goal Againast was about a 4. Certainly not great, but not really what I'd call a soft goal.

Post a Comment