Avalanche Draft Joey Hishon with 17th Pick - Colorado Avalanche Updates, News and Game Reviews at Avs Talk

Friday, June 25, 2010

Avalanche Draft Joey Hishon with 17th Pick

So the Avalanche went off most people's boards, but not off the Avalanche scout boards - and selected Joey Hishon with the 17th pick in the 2010 entry draft.

It comes as a shock as some more "name" players were available and drafting a small center seems a bit redundant. Especially after letting Kelsey Tessier go during the summer.

However after reading a few articles on the guy, I'm feeling a little excited about this pick. Call me crazy but I'm going to trust the Avs scouts on this one.

But hey, how about a little size in the upcoming rounds tomorrow?

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Joey is from my hometown, you will be VERY impressed! Such a skilled player and hard worker.

Goffeclese said...

I was like most as well, and I think his injury from last season also has many people worried. But I think that is what is going to make him a steal. Some of the footage on this kid is just unreal. I think he'll be good, but I don't foresee him on the Avs next year. Probably another year with the juniors.

Post a Comment